I’m Jeremiah Walton. I’m 20 // from N.H // & travel around the country w/ traveling bookstore Books & Shovels. We sell literature at a ‘pay-what-you-can’ rate, encouraging passionate living > making a living. In 2011, I founded Nostrovia! Poetry. I was 15, and it looked like it was managed by a 15 y/o. N!P has grown though. I now co-manage the press w/ poet & editor Christopher Morgan. I stuck my thumb out in 2013, and have been on & off the road since, bopping around the country, and writing.
NOTE: I measure my success as a poet by the number of people I can inspire. I like inspiring others & inspiring myself. I like doing this in person, with intimate communications, one-on-one, or small groups, thru street ciphers, busking, from late night roof tops to sunrise beaches. I have stopped making my writing available online, and rarely post my poems to this blog. I no longer submit writing to zines / publications unless thru solicitation. There are some rad publications I love that are out now, but the work consistently keeping up on submitting isn’t a path I enjoy anymore.
An archive of my writing is available here, along with some favorites linked below. I prefer sharing my writing thru in person performances, & handing out self-published collections by hand. I sell all my writing at a ‘pay-what-you-can’ rate.
- Coyote (self pub / out of print)
- #RuntRaccoonRevolution (Bottlecap Press)
- Gatsby’s Abandoned Children (self published / out of print)
- NYC Poetry Festival
- Beast Crawl Festival
- No Mic Open Mic (hosting)
- Mongolian Yurt Poetry Reading (hosting)
Books & Shovels / Nostrovia! Poetry are ‘pay-what-you-can’ projects that continue due to support from readers / publishers / other artists. Donate to support our gas tank & printers’ eating habits.
- Books & Shovels (traveling bookstore) (@Beach Sloth / @The Glory Tree Herald)
- Nostrovia! Poetry (indie press)
- Fuck Art, Let’s Dance (e-zine / Nostrovia!)
- Nostrovia! Tavern (lit blog / Nostrovia!)
INTERVIEWS & PUBLICATIONS
- Hey, We Do This (w/ Josh Spiler, 2015)
I’m responsive at Twitter (@NostroviaPoetry)
My email is jeremiahwalton at nostroviatowriting dot com